- Responsible for the overall development and execution of the Project Procurement Plan
- Responsible to support pre-construction, estimating, and proposal services.
- Perform in a lead position providing functional direction and mentoring to procurement personnel on routine and complex projects.
- Work directly with various suppliers at all levels to maintain effective relationships and to be knowledgeable of costs and lead times of major equipment and materials.
- Responsible for the development, monitoring, and implementation of supplier performance goals related to cost, quality, and service.
- Responsible for competitive solicitation, supplier selection, development of contracts, contract language, and associated terms and conditions to ensure appropriate risk mitigation.
- Develop and implement supply management strategies and business processes to meet company, department, and business unit goals and objectives.
- Negotiate contractual terms and other related commercial items.
- Coordinate and resolve field disagreements and potential disputes in collaboration with business unit representatives.
- Provide leadership, facilitation and collaboration for total cost reduction, cost savings, and Supplier Diversity goals.
- Conduct financial, logistical, commercial, risk, and cost analysis.
- Knowledge with the Micro-electronics, Life Sciences and Alternative Energy Industries or similar high tech industries – Subcontracting and equipment/materials procurement and Purchasing management experience.
- Develop project purchasing strategies, convert them to bid package plans and implement associated strategies on projects and across project programs
- Manage and execute end to end commercial transaction cycle
- Ensure compliance at all levels with corporate procurement policies and procedures.
- Effectively lead the sourcing & identification of suppliers on national & regional basis.
- Provide regional management in all areas of the procurement lifecycle for major construction projects from the initial drafting and implementation of complex project procurement strategies to the negotiation and resolution of claims, variations and extensions of time. Integration with design and construction teams is essential.
- Demonstrated experience with service related contracts such as fixed price, unit price, time & material, and cost reimbursable contracts.
- Demonstrated experience applying principles of financial analysis, activity based costing, and supply chain methodology.
- Must demonstrate effective decision making, results delivery and team building, as well as the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.