We need a candidate who initially takes over the subcontract management, but also have the experience in the client contracts and claims. This is a combined role with potential commercial assistance to prepare letters and track documents.
The Subcontractor Manager (SC) is assigned on site to support the Project Director by executing the sub-contractors contracts, deliver on schedule according to milestones, assess variations and change orders, coordinate with the site claims manager resolution of claims and interface with Supply Chain Management on processes, best practices and sub-contractors performance.
The SC is Single point of entry for sub-contractors on the site and is acting as an interface between sub-contractors and Supply Chain Management as well as other departments. The SC is reporting to the Project Director and functionally to Supply Chain Manager.
Responsibilities Subcontractor Manager:
- Function as the primary SC link on the site
- Execute and adapt Supplier Execution plan
- Assessment/Verification of payments application
- Maintain PSE Plan
- Maintain and Monitor the procurement status
- Provide Project Lead progress and performance reports in support of project execution KPI’s
- Support site cost controller to maintain overview of cost vs. budget status
- Identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with claims manager
- Initiate stakeholders and/or Supply Chain meetings on project level scope changes, project alerts, or VOR’s
- Coordinate supplier meetings and communications on site
- Escalate to Supply Chain when required
- Feedback to Supply Chain on Sub-Contractors performance and challenges.
- Understand and ensure compliance with applicable B&W instructions and procurement codes, regulations and ethics.